Kansas Hardship License

Hardship License Eligibility

ignitioninterlockdeviceKansas now allows drivers to apply for a limited driving privilege (hardship) license if your driving privileges have been suspended for at least one year.You must apply to the Division of Vehicles to see if you are eligible to have your driving privilege suspension modified to a restriction to operating a motor vehicle equipped with an ignition interlock device for limited driving purposes. There are a couple of different situations in which you could be eligible to apply for a hardship license. If your suspension results came from a refusal of a chemical test, you must wait until your 90 day suspension is up. Once the suspension is up, then you can apply to the Division of Vehicles for a hardship license and the right for your driving privileges to be restricted. If your license is suspended due to a test failure or an alcohol or drug related conviction, you can apply for a hardship license and for your driving privileges to be restricted after you serve your 45 days of license suspension.


In the outcome that your application for a hardship license is approved, there are stipulations on when and where you can drive to. These are limited to getting to and from work, school or an alcohol related treatment program. You will be required to have an ignition interlock device installed on your car, and the ignition interlock provider will have access for maintenance and to download data from the device.

Contact Us

Contact the Grover Law Firm for a free consultation to discuss how an experienced DUI defense lawyer can help you protect you to obtain a hardship license.

Free Ticket Quote

If you get a speeding ticket, you are likely to get slapped with a hefty fine, points on your license and a possible increase on your auto insurance premium. Grover Law provides free quotes for traffic tickets.

Get a Free Ticket Quote

Free Case Evaluation

We offer a free case evaluation to help you determine whether a lawsuit should be filed. Any information which you provide to our law firm when completing the online evaluation form is treated as strictly confidential.

Get a Free Case Evaluation

DWI and DUI Attorney

If you’ve been arrested for a DUI (Kansas) or DWI (Missouri), it is in your best interest to contact an experienced DWI or DUI attorney immediately. Being charged with a DUI/DWI can have a severe impact on your life.

Learn More about DWI/DUI